Vision for the Illawarra Shoalhaven
The ISJO’s vision for the region is:
A confident, vibrant, safe and productive region that optimises the potential of its people and environment now and into the future.
The ISJO will: Lead, advocate, collaborate and deliver outcomes that serve the interests of the region’s diverse communities.
The ISJO will be:
- Cohesive: speaking with one voice on regional issues and valuing equal representation
- Collaborative: by working across member councils, communities, governments, and with a wide range of partners in the spirit of friendship and trust
- Respectful: of local autonomy on local issues
- Efficient: by avoiding duplication and using resources within and available to member Councils wherever possible
- Aligned: with consistency between member councils and NSW Government on regional strategies and policies
- Transparent: in its operations between member councils and other partners
- Evidenced based: when introducing or transitioning programs and shared services