Collaborations and Events
A core function of the ISJO is inter-governmental collaboration. We work closely with the NSW Government, Australian Government, other councils and Joint Organisations across regional NSW.
Collaboration activities with our partners include the following:
- support frameworks for regional economic growth through initiatives like the 360 Economic Outlook
- partner with organisations to support implementation of the Illawarra Youth Employment Strategy (YES)
- work with Transport for NSW and other partners to deliver the Illawarra Regional Transport Strategy
- work with relevant partners to plan for and deliver improved telecommunications and regionally significant infrastructure
- share information to increase understanding of regional land use planning challenges, opportunities and responses
- deliver programs which enhance the regional strategic capacity of the ISJO member councils.
- understand and implement opportunities and priorities for the ISJO for regional service delivery to our communities
See a list of our Partner Organisations and some of the the current Partnership Activities and Member Council Groups.