Leading & Advocacy
The ISJO has a core function of regional leadership and advocacy and to be the preeminent voice for our member councils and communities.
Vision for the Illawarra Shoalhaven
The ISJO’s vision for the region is:
A confident, vibrant, safe and productive region that optimises the potential of its people and environment now and into the future.
The ISJO will: Lead, advocate, collaborate and deliver outcomes that serve the interests of the region’s diverse communities.
The ISJO will be:
- Cohesive: speaking with one voice on regional issues and valuing equal representation
- Collaborative: by working across member councils, communities, governments, and with a wide range of partners in the spirit of friendship and trust
- Respectful: of local autonomy on local issues
- Efficient: by avoiding duplication and using resources within and available to member Councils wherever possible
- Aligned: with consistency between member councils and NSW Government on regional strategies and policies
- Transparent: in its operations between member councils and other partners
- Evidenced based: when introducing or transitioning programs and shared services
The ISJO Board meets five times a year with agendas, business papers and minutes available for download via the related links on this page.